1894 – Sewickley Valley YMCA is formed on April 1.
1904 – Y opened its doors at 625 Blackburn Road.
1968 – First major facility addition completed, included a 2nd swimming pool, gymnasium, locker rooms, meeting rooms and offices. Programming expanded to include service to the “whole family.”
1980s – Focus placed on programmatic expansion.
1988 – We became the only child care facility in our service area to provide scholarship assistance for those who are economically disadvantaged. Today, we are still that safety net for working-class families.
2002 – Faith in Action (FIA) was brought to the Y to meet the needs of older adults by providing free transportation for doctor appointments, grocery shopping, etc. through volunteer participation.
2008 – Y collaborated with The Sewickley Presbyterian Church to meet the need for after school activities for adolescents and teens.
2012 – Sewickley Valley YMCA opened the Youth and Teen Center and currently serves 25-50 adolescents daily to increase time