The Armed Services YMCA and Department of Defense Outreach Initiative offers free Y memberships to eligible military families and personnel who may not have access to a nearby military facility. For more info, please contact Celeste Fryz, Membership Services Specialist at (412)-741-9622 ext. 106.
Eligible military families and personnel include:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty families who live in one of the selected Joint Bases created by the Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) process
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families as approved by their Military Service Headquarters
- Relocated spouses and family members of deployed Active Duty personnel
Contact Military OneSource at militaryonesource.com or 800-342-9647 to confirm eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
- Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (generally your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to a participating YMCA for verification (please do not leave copies of these documents at the YMCA).
- Explore the benefits of membership at your new YMCA!
The Department of Defense will underwrite memberships at participating Ys for an initial six-month period for each eligible family and service member. Membership renewals in subsequent six-month intervals (up to 12 or 18 months depending on eligibility) will be funded based on a military family’s or service member’s ability to meet the participation requirement of eight visits to a Y each month.
About the YMCA Outreach Initiative
YMCA of the USA, the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense launched the YMCA Military Outreach Initiative to engage families facing the hardship and uncertainty of military deployment.