Code of Conduct
The YMCA is an inclusive, family-friendly organization. We expect all our members, guests and staff to model our four values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in their conduct and language. Anyone who feels uncomfortable should report the behavior to a staff person or the building supervisor on duty. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
The Sewickley Valley YMCA has the right to terminate a membership at its discretion if actions or behaviors are not deemed in the best interests of the organization.
Our Member’s Code of Conduct outlines below a list of behaviors considered inappropriate in our facilities or programs, including but not limited to:
- Smoking or vaping on YMCA property. The YMCA and its property is a smoke-free environment.
- Using or possessing illegal substances or alcohol on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles or at YMCA-sponsored programs.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling or shouting.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or any type of menacing behavior.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive or threatening way.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior; any sexual contact with another person.
- Inappropriate, immodest, or sexually revealing attire.
- Loitering within or on the grounds of the YMCA.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object which may be used as a weapon.
The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation, and remove visitation access. The YMCA reserves to right to deny access or membership to any person who has been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit-forming and/or dangerous drugs, or is presently or habitually under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages.
Hours of operation
Monday - Friday, 5 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday, 6:45 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Please note that all members must exit the building at closing time.
The Sewickley Valley YMCA is governed by a volunteer board of directors who works closely with the leadership staff to strengthen the community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Besides, more than 200 team members give all the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
Mission of the Sewickley Valley YMCA
To build a healthy spirit, mind and body based on Christian principles and to improve the quality of life for children, individuals and families in the Ambridge Area, Cornell, Moon Area and Quaker Valley school district communities.
Non-Discrimination of Services
Services shall be provided without regard to race, religious creed, color, disability, ancestry, national origin, age or sex. Services shall be made accessible to individuals through the most practical and economically feasible methods available. The Sewickley Valley YMCA will make every effort to accommodate non- English speaking individuals.
Our four core character development values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility are shared beliefs and essential principles that guide our behavior, our interactions with each other, our programs and curriculum and our decision-making at the Sewickley Valley YMCA.