Areas of the Y that are currently closed
Please know that the safety of members and staff is our highest priority.
- We will bring back group sports that involve prolonged close contact, including soccer, basketball, racquetball and volleyball, when it’s safe to do so. Group sports on all levels are struggling to return to play safely, and we are closely monitoring developments and guidance.
- For the health and safety of all Child Watch is currently unavailable.
- The Wet Area (hot tub, steam room and sauna) will be closed until further notice. The small spaces make social distancing impossible. We know this is a significant loss, but we feel it is necessary for the safety of everyone.
- Reservations for lap swim in the large pool or warm water pool; family swim in the warm water pool, are for members only and can be made up to three days in advance. Members who are hold may not make reservations. Please contact membership to remove your membership hold if you wish to take advantage of our facility reservation system
- Lap swim may be reserved for 45 minutes, with 15 minutes in between for additional cleaning. We ask that members show up on time for their reservations. Reserved space will be forfeited after 15 minutes if the member does not show. At this time, reservations can be made for those 14 and older only.
- Lap swimming will be limited to one person per lane in the large pool and four participants in the warm water pool.
- Families may reserve one hour of swim time in our warm water pool.
- Members are required to shower prior to accessing either pool.
- All aquatic equipment such as float belts and kickboards are unavailable at this time.
- The hot tub, steam room and sauna will be closed until further notice. The small spaces make social distancing impossible. We know this is a big loss, but we feel it is necessary for the safety of everyone.
- Swim lessons have resumed. If your child is participating in parent/child swim lessons, one parent is allowed to participate and if your child is participating in preschool or youth swim lessons one spectator will be allowed.
Water Exercise and Water Aerobics
- Select water exercise and water aerobics classes have resumed.
For the health and safety of all Child Watch is currently unavailable.
We miss group sports too, and as the inventor of basketball, we can't wait for group sports to return. Please know that the safety of members and staff is our highest priority. We will bring back group sports that involve prolonged close contact, including soccer, basketball, racquetball and volleyball, when it’s safe to do so. Group sports on all levels are struggling to safely return to play and we are closely monitoring developments and guidance.
The use of the outdoor courts will be limited to members only, and the courts will be accessible by the key during the hours of operation. Members can reserve a court in advance online. We encourage all racquet sports players to only handle their own tennis or paddle balls and discourage social gatherings. The Community Activity Center will not be open for player use.
Our locker rooms and showers are open, and we ask that you be as quick as possible in those areas, and spray the showers down with the provided sanitizing spray when finished. Please be respectful of others’ space and maintain social distance while using the locker room.
Adult Locker Rooms are for use by women and men age 18 and over.
- Women’s locker room is located on the first floor just inside the Welcome Desk entrance.
- Men’s locker room is located on the lower level at the base of the stairs.
- Please note that children and infants are not to use the adult locker rooms.
Youth Locker Rooms are for use by youth age 7 through 17.
- Girls’ Locker Room is located adjacent to the Women’s locker room on the first floor.
- Boys’ locker room is located beside the Men’s locker room on the lower level.
- Parents or guardians may use the appropriate youth locker room when accompanied by their same-sex child age 8 or under.
- Parents and guardians may bring an opposite-sex child, age 24 months or younger, into the youth locker room when attending to their same-sex child, age 8 or under.
- Adults or guardians are not permitted in the youth locker rooms at any time without their children.
Family Locker Room
- The Family locker room on the lower level is reserved for parents with children who require assistance to change, and for adults who require the assistance of another adult to change.
- Diaper changing facilities are located in the girl’s locker room, and family locker rooms.
Members can reserve lap swim in the large pool or warm water pool, family swim in the warm water pool, tennis or paddle tennis courts and space in a group exercise class up to three days in advance.
Lap swim and family swim are able to be reserved for 45 minutes, with 15 minutes in between for additional cleaning. Paddle courts can be reserved for 90 minutes, and tennis courts for 60 minutes. We ask that members show up on time for their reservations. Reserved space will be forfeited after 15 minutes if the member does not show. At this time, reservations can be made for those 14 and older only. Members are to clean their cardio equipment with disinfectant spray before and after use, and we ask those who want to use a kickboard in the pool to bring their own. The porous nature of the boards makes them difficult to disinfect for others to use.
Reservations are for members only, and all members will be required to sign an updated waiver upon their first visit to the Y. You can download the waiver, sign and send the waiver back to us ahead of time by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Members who are on hold may not make reservations. Please contact membership to remove your membership hold if you wish to take advantage of our facility reservation system
Thunder and Lightning Storms
When thunder or lighting is present all members and staff will be cleared from the water and pool decks. Individuals should not re-enter the pools or spa area until 20 minutes after the last sounding of thunder or the last sighting of lightning.
Members are required to check-in and out of the weight room. The Weight Room has a maximum capacity of 15. If the weight room is at maximum capacity, we ask that members leave the space after one hour. Although we continue to increase cleaning, we ask you to continue to wipe down equipment before and after each use thoroughly and to wash or sanitize your hands before and after working out.
Our wellness center has been reconfigured to allow for more space between equipment and the track will be closed until further notice. You’ll also notice that we’ve installed plexiglass shields in front of many of the pieces of cardio equipment.
We will be increasing our cleaning and sanitation efforts and ask that you do the same. Please wipe down your machines and equipment before and after each use. The cleaning before use protects you. Cleaning after use protects the next person using the equipment. We’ll have cleaners and towels throughout the Y for you to use.
- In all workout spaces, maintain at least six feet of separation.
- Group Exercise classes will be by reservation only and will have designated spaces on the floors for participants. Group Ex classes will be held in either the outside, in the CV gym or the Hunter Gym. Please bring your own mat. We won’t be providing mats for the time being.
What to bring when visiting the Y
- All members and guests must wear a mask upon entering and exiting the building and masks should remain on throughout the facility.
- Masks may be removed only when exercising on a piece of cardio equipment, participating in a group exercise class and while swimming and showering. Masks are to be replaced as soon as that activity is completed and before moving through the Y.
- Masks are required on the pool deck but may be removed upon entering the pool.
- Masks are to be worn outside if you cannot be socially distant.
- Indoor group sports continue to be suspended and masks must be worn during all activities other than group exercise classes in our gyms.
- Bring your own water bottle. The hand-operated portion of water fountains are disabled, but the touchless bottle filler will work.
- Although pick-up basketball is not available, activities with people in your household are permitted, members must bring their own ball.
- We’re also encouraging members to reserve their use of pool lap lanes and cardio equipment in advance. We are permitted to reopen at 50 percent capacity, so the number of people we can have in the wellness center and pools at any given time will be limited.
- Appropriate footwear is required in all areas of the Y. Members will not be permitted to walk to and from the showers or pools barefoot. Flip-slops or water shoes are recommended for the showers, locker rooms and pools.
What to expect when visiting the Y
- Anyone with a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, or who has symptoms of, or exposure to COVID-19 will not be allowed to use the Y until symptoms have subsided for 24 hours. Cover all coughs and sneezes with your arm, and wash hands thoroughly after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. We’ve installed a sink in the lobby so you can wash your hands when you enter, or as you pass through the locker rooms on your way to the wellness center or pools.
- All members will be required to sign an updated waiver.
- We ask that you either have your key card or load your key card onto your phone for quick access to the Y. If you need help getting the card information to your phone, please contact the Y at 412-741-9622 ext. 121 or 105 or email@example.com for help with this or other membership questions. Our membership staff can answer other questions, too.
- If you have questions about your membership please contact our Membership representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-741-9622 ext. 102 or 105.