FIND OUT WHAT'S INCLUDED, WHAT TO BRING AND EXPECT WHEN VISITING THE Y
We're so glad to be able to welcome you back into our building! We ask for your cooperation as we make all efforts to provide for your safe return to your Y. You will notice changes to how our Y operates so that we can be sure that we are prioritizing the health and safety of members and staff. We’ve spent the last several months gathering guidance and input on how to adapt our Y and its amenities to the challenges presented by COVID-19 and have applied the best practices in these areas to our updated policies and operations.
Benefits of your membership
- Improve health and vitality while discovering a sense of well-being that goes beyond fitness.
- Create healthy habits through our education and nutrition programs.
- A generous list of free adult group exercise classes with convenient drop-in schedules
- Free Wellness Coaching to help you get started
- Free orientations to learn how to use the cardio and strength training equipment
- Priority program registration, including convenient online registration
- Reduced rates on programs, including swim lessons, youth sports and more
- Strengthen family bonds by participating in fun activities together, such as Family Swim.
- Make friends among our 11,000 members.
- Find Personal balance and decrease stress by engaging in our Yoga and Pilates classes.
- Build community connections through volunteer opportunities.
- Family Memberships will be credited with ten free guest passes annually, and Individual Memberships will be credited with five passes guest passes annually.
- Enjoy one free session of swim lessons per the calendar year for each child under 12 and on an active Family membership. Additional lessons will be charged at the member rate for children on active family memberships. Participants must register at the YMCA for free lessons. Refunds will not be provided.
Nationwide Members and Guests
For the time being, we will not be allowing guests or Nationwide members. With capacity limited to 50 percent, we want to ensure that our Y members have access to classes, pool lap lanes and equipment and reduce crowding.
Photo Identification Policy
In order to become a member, access the facility and to register for programs and activities as a non-member guest, adults age 18 and over will be required to provide proper photo ID. Proper forms of ID may include a driver’s license, passport, state ID card or military ID.
Thunder and Lightning Storms
When thunder or lighting is present all members and staff will be cleared from the water and pool decks. Individuals should not re-enter the pools or spa area until 20 minutes after the last sounding of thunder or the last sighting of lightning.
Valuables and Locker Use
- Members are asked to leave their valuables at home.
- If you bring valuables, please use the wallet lockers located on the first floor next to the elevator or the wallet lockers in the women’s and men’s locker rooms, or secure your belongings in a locker in the appropriate locker room.
- Locks are strongly advised but are not provided by the Y.
- The Sewickley Valley YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- The Y will keep several locks available for members who forget to bring their own lock.
What to bring when you visit the Y
- All members and guests must wear a mask upon entering and exiting the building and masks should remain on throughout the facility.
- Masks may be removed only when exercising on a piece of cardio equipment, participating in a group exercise class and while swimming and showering. Masks are to be replaced as soon as that activity is completed and before moving through the Y.
- Masks are required on the pool deck but may be removed upon entering the pool.
- Masks are to be worn outside if you cannot be socially distant.
- Indoor group sports continue to be suspended and masks must be worn during all activities other than group exercise classes in our gyms.
- Bring your own water bottle. The hand-operated portion of water fountains are disabled, but the touchless bottle filler will work.
- Although pick-up basketball is not available, activities with people in your household are permitted, members must bring their own ball.
- We’re also encouraging members to reserve their use of pool lap lanes and cardio equipment in advance. We are permitted to reopen at 50 percent capacity, so the number of people we can have in the wellness center and pools at any given time will be limited.
- Appropriate footwear is required in all areas of the Y. Members will not be permitted to walk to and from the showers or pools barefoot. Flip-slops or water shoes are recommended for the showers, locker rooms and pools.
What to expect when visiting the Y
- Anyone with a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, or who has symptoms of, or exposure to COVID-19 will not be allowed to use the Y until symptoms have subsided for 24 hours. Cover all coughs and sneezes with your arm, and wash hands thoroughly after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. We’ve installed a sink in the lobby so you can wash your hands when you enter, or as you pass through the locker rooms on your way to the wellness center or pools.
- All members will be required to sign an updated waiver.
- We ask that you either have your key card or load your key card onto your phone for quick access to the Y. If you need help getting the card information to your phone, please contact the Y at 412-741-9622 ext. 121 or 105 or email@example.com for help with this or other membership questions. Our membership staff can answer other questions, too.
- If you have questions about your membership please contact our Membership representative at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-741-9622 ext. 102 or 105.