WHAT DO I SEND WITH MY CHILD TO CAMP?
- Appropriate clothing for play and weather, including sneakers and a hat
- Face mask
- Close-toed shoes, preferably sneakers
- Backpack to hold their items
- Small, cooler-type lunch box filled with a morning and afternoon snack, and a healthy, hearty lunch
- Refillable water bottle with ice and cold water
- Swimsuit and towel
WILL MY CHILD SWIM DURING CAMP?
- Campers will have recreational swim for 40 minutes daily between 1-5 p.m.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN IT RAINS?
- Campers will be moved inside the YMCA on rainy days. Signs will be posted outside the YMCA to indicate Rainy Day pick up located inside the facility. Camp staff will be available in the lobby to help direct you to your child's camp.
- Campers will be moved outside immediately once the storm has passed or it has stopped raining.
WHAT ARE THE Y'S UPDATED HEALTH PROCEDURES FOR CAMP?
- We will be asking parents COVID-19 health-related questions each day, confirming that they do not show COVID-19 symptoms before coming to work.
- We will be asking staff COVID-19 health-related questions each day, confirming that they do not show COVID-19 symptoms before coming to work.
- We will take temperatures of all children, staff each day.
- We will be increasing our hand washing schedule to include 20-second handwashing for all participants and staff throughout the day.
- Staff and participants will be required to wear a face mask while inside the facility.
- Social distancing will be practiced when appropriate.
- Groups will be limited to 20 campers, and groups will not interact with each other throughout the day.
- Staff will be assigned to a specific group and will not interact with other groups to the best of our ability.
- A medical isolation space will be established for any child or staff that is feeling ill and in the process of being picked up.
- Parents will be required to arrange a pick up within 1 hour of being contacted their child is not feeling well.
- All activities and games will be individual based or adjusted for safe interactions following social distancing rules.
- Staff will monitor health by doing visual health checks of children and staff throughout the day.
WHAT ARE THE Y'S UPDATED SANITATION PROCEDURES FOR CAMP?
- We have moved all camp locations to YMCA properties to ensure health and safety.
- We have increased our cleaning schedule to wipe down surfaces throughout the day, and at a minimum, all surfaces will be cleaned
- Before program
- Between activities
- Before lunch
- After lunch
- Before pick up
- After pick up
- We will be cutting down on using paper as much as possible.
- We will minimize shared equipment as much as possible.
- Backpacks will be kept with separation from other children’s items
- We ask that campers come to camp with no more than what they need for the day.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided when handwashing is unavailable.
WHERE WILL I DROP-OFF AND PICK UP MY CHILD?
Please note that a color has been assigned to several camp pick up locations. Those camps will have a large sign showing their camp color to help parents quickly identify camps that share the same pick-up locations.