Thank you to all of you who have stayed with us, are eager to return to us and sent us encouraging words of support. We’re so excited to be welcoming you back to our facility. Here's some information you need to know before you make your first visit with us!
Health & Safety Reminders
- Anyone with a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, or who has symptoms of, or exposure to COVID-19 will not be allowed to use the Y until symptoms have subsided for 24 hours. Cover all coughs and sneezes with your arm, and wash hands thoroughly after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. We’ve installed a sink in the lobby so you can wash your hands when you enter, or as you pass through the locker rooms on your way to the wellness center or pools.
- All members who have not completed the updated waiver since our June reopening will be required to do so.
- We ask that you either have your key card or load your key card onto your phone for quick access to the Y. If you need help getting the card information to your phone, please contact the Y at 412-741-9622 ext. 121 or 105 or firstname.lastname@example.org for help with this or other membership questions. Our membership staff can answer other questions, too.
- Bring your own water bottle. The hand-operated portion of water fountains are disabled, but the touchless bottle filler will work.
- Appropriate footwear is required in all areas of the Y. Members will not be permitted to walk to and from the showers or pools barefoot. Flip-slops or water shoes are recommended for the showers, locker rooms and pools.
- The State Department of Health updated its universal face coverings mandate in response to the rising COVID-19 cases. Our top priority is to ensure the Sewickley Valley YMCA remains a safe environment for you and your family and comply with all state safety mandates.
- All members and program participants over the age of 2 must wear a mask covering the nose and mouth at all times. The only exceptions are when swimming in the pool and showering.
- Our wellness center provides social distancing space between equipment and plexiglass shields will remain in front of many of the pieces of cardio equipment.
- We will continue to increase cleaning and sanitation efforts and ask that you do the same. Please wipe down your machines and equipment before and after each use. The cleaning before use protects you. Cleaning after use protects the next person using the equipment. We’ll have cleaners and towels throughout the Y for you to use.
- Group Ex classes capacity has been reduced, requires a reservation and will have designated spaces on the floors for participants. Group Ex classes will be held in the CV gym or the Hunter Gym. Please bring your own mat. We won’t be providing mats for the time being.
Large and Warm Water Pool
- Members are required to shower prior to accessing either pool.
- Reservations for lap swim in the large pool or warm water pool; family swim in the warm water pool, are for members only and can be made up to three days in advance. Members who are on hold may not make reservations. Please contact membership to remove your membership hold if you wish to take advantage of our facility reservation system.
- Lap swim may be reserved for 45 minutes, with 15 minutes in between for additional cleaning. We ask that members show up on time for their reservations. Reserved space will be forfeited after 15 minutes if the member does not show. At this time, reservations can be made for those 14 and older only.
- Lap swimming will be limited to one person per lane in the large pool and four participants in the warm water pool.
- Families may reserve one hour of swim time in our warm water pool.
Programs and Services that are temporarily closed
Please know that the safety of members and staff is our highest priority. We look forward to bringing back the following programs and services that involve prolonged close contact and or located in small spaces that make social distancing impossible when it’s safe to do so. We know this is a big loss, but necessary for the safety of everyone.
- Wet Area (hot tub, steam room and sauna)
- Child Watch
- Group sports including soccer, basketball, racquetball and volleyball
Guests visiting the YMCA
For the time being, we will not be allowing guests or Nationwide members. With reduced capacity, we want to ensure that our Y members have access to classes, pool lap lanes and equipment and reduce crowding.