WHAT YOU CAN DO
As you are well aware, there is a tremendous amount of information in the news and online about the coronavirus, and we want to take a few moments to talk about what we are doing at the Y to prevent the spread of it and other cold and flu viruses.
- First, we ask that if you are not feeling well and have flu symptoms like fever, chills, and body aches, that you refrain from coming to the Y for at least 24 hours after your symptoms have ended.
- If you have traveled to an area that has been heavily impacted by the coronavirus or have been asked by the Centers for Disease and Prevention to self-quarantine, we ask that you do so for the safety of others. The Y is a multi-purpose facility that serves people of all ages and some with chronic health conditions.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes, and dispose of tissues in the trash cans.
- Please wipe down all of the equipment you use using the Virex spray bottles and towels provided. If you are unsure if it’s been wiped down, feel free to wipe before you use it, too.
- We will be wiping handrails, doorknobs and other surfaces more frequently, and if you see an area that you think needs extra attention, please let us know.
- We’re also making sure that the hand sanitizer stations are always full, so if one is empty, please let us know.
- The CDC says the most effective thing we can do is to thoroughly and frequently wash our hands. Be sure to get in between your fingers, the backs of your hands and wash down to your wrists.
- The coronavirus is overshadowing the fact that it’s still cold and flu season, so if your kids are sick, please don’t bring them to Child Watch, Child Care or other youth programs until they have been free of fevers, vomiting and diarrhea for at least 24 hours.
We’re all in this together, and we’re grateful for your efforts to make our Y community safer for all who use the Y.