RESOURCES AND SUPPORT NEEDED TO LIVE HEALTHIER
At the Y, we exist to strengthen the community. Together with people like you, we nurture the potential of kids, help people understand and improve their health, and provide opportunities to give back and support neighbors. So join our cause. And create meaningful change not just for you, but also for your community. Learn more about our Military Outreach, Civil Service Outreach and Insurance Partners.
The Armed Services and Department of Defense
The Armed Services YMCA and Department of Defense Outreach Initiative offers free Y memberships to eligible military families and personnel who may not have access to a nearby military facility. For more information, please contact Membership Services at 412-741-9622.
The YMCA partners with several insurance companies to offer a variety of plans that enable Medicare-eligible participants to take advantage of our membership features and facilities. Though circumstances may vary, Medicare eligible individuals may be entitled to a complimentary membership.
Please, direct questions regarding eligibility to your insurance carrier or contact Paula Tapia, Active Older Adult Specialist at 412-741-9622 ext. 106 or email@example.com or Barb Herman, Membership Manager, at 412-741-9622 ext. 131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Civil Service Membership
Civil Service Memberships are available for the following professionals:
- Military - Active/Delayed Military Personnel (DoD) who do not meet the eligibility requirements for free YMCA memberships offered through the Department of Defense Outreach Initiative.
- Army Corps of Engineers - (DoD) Active personnel.
- Coast Guard - (Dept. of Homeland Security). Active personnel Local Law Enforcement Officers, Firefighters, EMT's and Paramedics - Actively rostered or employed. (Jr. firefighters will pay teen rate as usual)
- Clergy - Actively employed
- All members joining must present the proper identification, proof of employment or service. Members may not receive both membership scholarship and the civil service membership but are welcome to apply for program scholarship. Civil service discount is for a membership only and will not apply to programs. Please call the Membership Department to inquire about this benefit.