Before joining a Zoom meeting on a computer or mobile device, you can download the Zoom app at www.zoom.com or on the app store. Pre-downloading the Zoom app in advance will save time and keep it handy for next time.
TO REGISTER FOR A LIVE VIRTUAL GROUP EXERCISE CLASS
- Visit us at https://www.sewickleyymca.org/reservations/live-virtual-group-exercise
- Select the desired class and click the reserve button. Once registered, you will receive an email with the Zoom link. This will be the link you click on to join the class. You will be able to join the class five minutes before it begins and to say hello to everyone before it’s go time.
JOINING A MEETING/CLASS
- To join a class by email, click the JOIN LINK in your email. Depending on your default web browser, you may be prompted to open Zoom.
TO JOIN WITH AUDIO
- If you are using a laptop or desktop computer, you will be asked how you would like to join audio.
- Select “JOIN WITH COMPUTER AUDIO”
- If you are using a cell phone, IPAD or other devices, select “JOIN WITH INTERNET AUDIO.”
WAITING FOR THE HOST TO START THE MEETING
- If your instructor hasn’t started broadcasting (meaning he/she is not yet on your screen).
- Please wait patiently for just a few minutes for the instructor to join.
DURING THE MEETING
- You have a few controls during the meeting. Here are a few common ones:
- CHAT: You can open a chat window by clicking CHAT. This is a great feature to have if your speakers aren’t working or are not turned on. You can alert each other via CHAT if you can’t hear the instructor.
- PIN VIDEO: If you only want to view the instructor’s video, you will pin their video. At the top of your screen, hover over the video of the instructor to pin, then choose PIN VIDEO from the menu.
- CHANGE THE SCREEN VIEW: On Zoom, you can see everyone who is in the meeting (this is known as the Gallery View), or you can see the active speaker (Speaker View). You can change the screen view by selecting either Gallery or Speaker View in the top right corner of your screen.
- TURN OFF YOUR MICROPHONE: If you don’t want anyone to hear you, you will need to turn off your microphone. Click the MUTE button (microphone image) at the bottom of the screen. A red slash will appear over the microphone icon, indicating that your audio is now off.
- TURN OFF YOUR CAMERA: If you don’t want anyone to see you, turn off your video camera. Press the STOP VIDEO button (at the bottom of your screen) to stop sharing your video stream. Once complete, other participants will only hear you.
- TO MAXIMIZE QUALITY: Reduce other internet use in the house if possible.
- PATIENCE: Technology works great...when it works! Patience and understanding are so important when starting with virtual classes.
- We ask that members treat their LIVE class just as they would an in-person workout. We will mute microphones while the class is in progress to reduce noise interference. We also asked that everyone in view of your camera is appropriately clothed. You do have the option not to share your screen or audio with the group.