YOUTH & TEEN PROGRAMS
Youth sports and recreation programs provide children of all abilities with the opportunity to discover their best, their best performance, their best friends, and their best selves, all while being good sports. Our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility anchor our programs. From Flag Football to Parents Night Out, or Tang Soo Do, our staff and coaches help kids discover a love of athletics and physical activity that lasts a lifetime.
Youth & Teen Fall Session Dates
Fall Session 1
September 12 – October 15
Fall Session 2
October 17 – November 19
Fall Session 3
November 21 – December 17
Registration for all youth programs will open on Monday, August 15.
Youth & Teen Guidelines
CHILDREN, AGES 7 & UNDER
- Must always be under the direct supervision of a parent/guardian unless enrolled in a staff-supervised program or activity.
CHILDREN, AGES 8-13
- Must always be under the direct supervision of a parent/guardian unless enrolled in a staff-supervised program or activity during the following days and times.
- Monday - Friday: 5 - 11 a.m.
- Saturday: 6:45 - 9 .a.m.
- Sunday: 8 - 5 p.m.
TEENS, AGES 14 & OVER
- Teens ages 14 and older may use the Sewickley Valley YMCA during all regularly scheduled hours and may participate in aquatic exercise classes and lap swimming.
HEALTH & WELLNESS CARDIOVASCULAR EQUIPMENT
- Youth ages 10-13 are now able to use the age-appropriate cardiovascular equipment without the supervision of a parent. We recommend attending a safety/proper use orientation.
- Teens ages 13 - 15 may attend fitness classes with a parent. Teens ages 16 and older may attend group exercise classes.
- Teens 14 and over are permitted to use weight training.