YOUTH & TEEN PROGRAMS
Youth sports and recreation programs are an excellent way for kids of all abilities to unlock their true potential, build strong friendships, and shine like stars, all while being good sports. At the heart of our programs are our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility that guide everything we do. Whether it's Flag Football, Parents Night Out, or Tang Soo Do, our dedicated team of coaches and staff are here to help kids fall in love with sports and physical activity, igniting a lifelong passion for fitness and wellness.
Youth & Teen Guidelines
CHILDREN AGES 7 & UNDER
- Must always be under the direct supervision of a parent/guardian unless enrolled in a staff-supervised program or activity.
CHILDREN AGES 8-13
- Must always be under the direct supervision of a parent/guardian unless enrolled in a staff-supervised program or activity during the following days and times.
- Monday - Friday: 5 - 11 a.m.
- Saturday: 6:45 - 9 .a.m.
- Sunday: 8 - 5 p.m.
TEENS AGES 14 & OVER
- Teens ages 14 and older may use the Sewickley Valley YMCA during all regularly scheduled hours and participate in aquatic exercise classes and lap swimming.
HEALTH & WELLNESS CARDIOVASCULAR EQUIPMENT
- Youths aged 10-13 can now use age-appropriate cardiovascular equipment without the supervision of a parent. We recommend attending a safety/proper use orientation.
- Teens aged 10 - 13 may attend fitness classes with a parent. Teens ages 14 and older may attend group exercise classes.
- Teens 14 and over are permitted to use weight training.
Youth & Teen Session Dates
FALL 1 | Sept. 11 - Oct. 14
FALL 2 | Oct. 16 - Nov. 18
FALL 3 | Nov. 20 - Dec. 23
Registration for all three sessions opens on Monday, August 14.