- Anyone with a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, or who has symptoms of, or exposure to COVID-19 will not be allowed to use the Y until symptoms have subsided for 24 hours. Cover all coughs and sneezes with your arm, and wash hands thoroughly after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. We’ve installed a sink in the lobby so you can wash your hands when you enter, or as you pass through the locker rooms on your way to the wellness center or pools.
- All members will be required to sign an updated waiver.
- Please wear a mask in the Y when you are not working out. This follows the CDC and state health department recommendations to wear a mask when you are around others and cannot maintain six feet of distance. This applies to the lobby, locker rooms and hallways of the YMCA. Staff are required to wear masks. You can pin your mask to your shirt while working out or put it in your pocket.
- We ask that you either have your key card or load your key card onto your phone for quick access to the Y. If you need help getting the card information to your phone, please contact the Y at 412-741-9622 ext. 121 or 105 or email@example.com for help with this or other membership questions. Our membership staff can answer other questions, too.
- Bring your own water bottle. The hand-operated portion of water fountains are disabled, but the touchless bottle filler will work.
- We’re also encouraging members to reserve their use of pool lap lanes and cardio equipment in advance. We are permitted to reopen at 50 percent capacity, so the number of people we can have in the wellness center and pools at any given time will be limited.
- Appropriate footwear is required in all areas of the Y. Members will not be permitted to walk to and from the showers or pools barefoot. Flip-slops or water shoes are recommended for the showers, locker rooms and pools.
- Our wellness center has been reconfigured to allow for more space between equipment and the track will be closed. You’ll also notice that we’ve installed plexiglass shields in front of many of the pieces of cardio equipment.
- We will be increasing our cleaning and sanitation efforts and ask that you do the same. Please wipe down your machines and equipment before and after each use. The cleaning before use protects you. Cleaning after use protects the next person using the equipment. We’ll have cleaners and towels throughout the Y for you to use.
- In all workout spaces, maintain at least six feet of separation.
- Group Ex classes will be by reservation only and will have designated spaces on the floors for participants. Group Ex classes will be held in either the CV gym or the Hunter Gym. We anticipate restarting indoor Group Ex later in June. Please bring your own mat. We won’t be providing mats for the time being.
- Although pick-up basketball is not available, activities with people in your household are permitted, members must bring their own ball.
- We are evaluating the safety of group sports that involve close contact, and are seeking more health guidance. This includes soccer, basketball, racquetball and volleyball. For the time being, these group sports will not be permitted.
The use of the outdoor courts will be limited to members only, and the courts will be accessible by the key during the hours of operation. Members can reserve a court in advance online. We encourage all racquet sports players to only handle their own tennis or paddle balls and discourage social gatherings. The Community Activity Center will not be open for player use.
Large, Warm Water Pool and Wet Area
- The Large Pool will open on June 8 and lap swimming will be limited to one person per lane.
- The Warm Water Pool will open on June 15.
- Members are required to shower prior to accessing the pool.
- The Wet Area (hot tub, steam room and sauna) will be closed until further notice. The small spaces make social distancing impossible. We know this is a big loss, but we feel it is necessary for the safety of everyone.
- Child watch will resume when the indoor Group Ex classes resume.
- Youths 10 and older are allowed in the Y unsupervised by an adult. However, they will not be able to gather in more than a group of three, and pick-up basketball games are not permitted at this time.
- Our locker rooms and showers are open, and we ask that you be as quick as possible in those areas, and spray the showers down with the provided sanitizing spray when finished. Please be respectful of others’ space and maintain social distance while using the locker room.
- Full-service kit lockers will be discontinued. You can still use a kit locker to store items, but the daily laundering will cease.
Guests visiting the YMCA
- For the time being, we will not be allowing guests or Nationwide members. With capacity limited to 50 percent, we want to ensure that our Y members have access to classes, pool lap lanes and equipment and reduce crowding.