- Anyone with a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, or who has symptoms of, or exposure to COVID-19 will not be allowed to use the Y until symptoms have subsided for 24 hours. Cover all coughs and sneezes with your arm, and wash hands thoroughly after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose. We’ve installed a sink in the lobby so you can wash your hands when you enter, or as you pass through the locker rooms on your way to the wellness center or pools.
- All members will be required to sign an updated waiver.
- We ask that you either have your key card or load your key card onto your phone for quick access to the Y. If you need help getting the card information to your phone, please contact the Y at 412-741-9622 ext. 121 or 105 or email@example.com for help with this or other membership questions. Our membership staff can answer other questions, too.
- Bring your own water bottle. The hand-operated portion of water fountains are disabled, but the touchless bottle filler will work.
- Appropriate footwear is required in all areas of the Y. Members will not be permitted to walk to and from the showers or pools barefoot. Flip-slops or water shoes are recommended for the showers, locker rooms and pools.
Updated mask protocol while at the Y
- All members and guests must wear a mask upon entering and exiting the building and masks should remain on throughout the facility.
- Masks may be removed only when exercising on a piece of cardio equipment, participating in a group exercise class and while swimming and showering. Masks are to replaced as soon as that activity is completed and before moving through the Y.
- Masks are required on the pool deck but may be removed upon entering the pool.
- Masks are to be worn outside if you cannot be socially distant.
- Our wellness center has been reconfigured to allow for more space between equipment and the track will be closed. You’ll also notice that we’ve installed plexiglass shields in front of many of the pieces of cardio equipment.
- We will be increasing our cleaning and sanitation efforts and ask that you do the same. Please wipe down your machines and equipment before and after each use. The cleaning before use protects you. Cleaning after use protects the next person using the equipment. We’ll have cleaners and towels throughout the Y for you to use.
- In all workout spaces, maintain at least six feet of separation.
- Group Ex classes will be by reservation only and will have designated spaces on the floors for participants. Group Ex classes will be held in either outside, in the CV gym or the Hunter Gym. Please bring your own mat. We won’t be providing mats for the time being.
- We miss group sports too, and as the inventor of basketball, we can't wait for group sports to return. Please know that the safety of members and staff is our highest priority. We will bring back group sports that involve prolonged close contact, including soccer, basketball, racquetball and volleyball, when it’s safe to do so. Group sports on all levels are struggling to safely return to play and we are closely monitoring developments and guidance.
The use of the outdoor courts will be limited to members only, and the courts will be accessible by the key during the hours of operation. Members can reserve a court in advance online. We encourage all racquet sports players to only handle their own tennis or paddle balls and discourage social gatherings. The Community Activity Center will not be open for player use.
Large, Warm Water Pool and Wet Area
- Members are required to shower prior to accessing either pool.
- Reservations for lap swim in the large pool or warm water pool; family swim in the warm water pool, are for members only and can be made up to three days in advance. Members who are hold may not make reservations. Please contact membership to remove your membership hold if you wish to take advantage of our facility reservation system
- Lap swim may be reserved for 45 minutes, with 15 minutes in between for additional cleaning. We ask that members show up on time for their reservations. Reserved space will be forfeited after 15 minutes if the member does not show. At this time, reservations can be made for those 14 and older only.
- Lap swimming will be limited to one person per lane in the large pool and four participants in the warm water pool.
- Families may reserve one hour of swim time in our warm water pool.
- The Wet Area (hot tub, steam room and sauna) will be closed until further notice. The small spaces make social distancing impossible. We know this is a big loss, but we feel it is necessary for the safety of everyone.
Swim lessons at the Sewickley Valley YMCA have resumed. If your child is participating in parent/child swim lessons, one parent is allowed to participate. If your child is participating in preschool or youth swim lessons one spectator will be allowed.
- Child Watch is currently closed.
- Youths 10 and older are allowed in the Y unsupervised by an adult. However, they will not be able to gather in more than a group of three, and pick-up basketball games are not permitted at this time.
- Our locker rooms and showers are open, and we ask that you be as quick as possible in those areas, and spray the showers down with the provided sanitizing spray when finished. Please be respectful of others’ space and maintain social distance while using the locker room.
- Full-service kit lockers will be discontinued. You can still use a kit locker to store items, but the daily laundering will cease.
Guests visiting the YMCA
- For the time being, we will not be allowing guests or Nationwide members. With capacity limited to 50 percent, we want to ensure that our Y members have access to classes, pool lap lanes and equipment and reduce crowding.