Your STRONG Challenge continues with Connect! This week we will help you stay active and improve your well-being in spirit, mind and body.
Did you know that, on average, we receive over 6000 messages a day? Let that sink in... These constant beeps, dings, buzzes and tweets are demanding our attention and severely hurting our health. This week, we challenge you to take time to disconnect from our devices and screens and reconnect with your goals, accountabilibuddy and with others. We believe in YOU, because YOU are STRONG.
WELCOME TO WEEK 3 VIDEO
There has never been a better time to connect with your accountabilibuddy! Call them, ask how they are doing. Offer some encouragement and STRONG cheerleader spirit! Go Team GO! Don't forget to place your STRONG tracking sheet in a prominent place or share your week with the Facebook Community Group!
AT THE Y, INSIDE
Don't stop now, keep moving 20 minutes a day, five days a week. Plus, don't miss out on learning about choosing a Medicare plan at The Ins and Outs of Medicare on Monday, October 26 at 1:30 p.m. Registration is required.
AT THE Y, OUTSIDE
- Family activity bags are available for members to check out to use while at the Y. Bags will include indoor and outdoor games, equipment and activities for you and your family to enjoy in the gym or on the athletic field!
- Challenge yourself and try our Warrior Course.
CONNECT WITH OTHERS
- Write a thank-you note to a veteran! The YMCA will deliver the handwritten cards to the VA Medical Center. This is a great opportunity to teach your children about our history and our veterans' sacrifice and dedication. Stop by the YMCA to pick up postcards and write cards for veterans. All cards must be returned by November 6.
- Challenge yourself to call, facetime, zoom someone that you have not reached out to for a while.
- Visit the Y, reconnect with members and staff.
- Stay connected to your goals by participating in a class at the Y or virtually.
- Connect with your family, no tech-tv for one night.
- Trunk or Treat with the Y staff in the Y's upper parking lot on Saturday, October 31, 5-5:45 p.m. Registration is not required.
OUTDOORS OR AT HOME
- Build a bonfire and connect with your family.
- Connect with yourself, nature through a hike or trail walk (journal your experience!), or join Trish Hooper at Tom's Run Nature Reserve Trail Head, Tom's Run Road, Kilbuck Township for a three-mile hike on Sunday, November 1 at 10 a.m.
- Wildlife Watching at Fern Hollow Nature Center or Morraine State Park