REST always seems to get put on the backburner of our 1,000 mph-paced lives. We all fall victim to not falling asleep at a regular time and ignoring rest time. This week, we will reclaim our health by quieting our minds with Gentle Yoga, meditation, and rest.
WELCOME TO WEEK 4 VIDEO
This week, we will add to our goals two, ten-minute helpings of meditation or Yoga and one day of complete rest. Mark your STRONG tracking sheet when and where you will REST. Join the Facebook Community Group to share your moments of rest with your new friends or connect with your accountability buddy to make sure they are doing the same! When we rest, we are STRONG.
AT THE Y, INSIDE
Physical activity that gets your heart pumping during the day can promote better sleep at night. Move 20 minutes, and don’t forget those crucial eight hours of sleep each day! The featured classes listed below are FREE for STRONG participants. Registration is required and available three days in advance for each class.
|Wed., Nov. 4, 5:30 p.m.||Cardio Drum||CV Gym|
|Thurs., Nov. 5, 11:30 a.m.||
Conversation & Coffee
*Registration is not required
|OASIS, Teen Center|
|Thurs., Nov. 5, 6:30 p.m.||Gentle Yoga||Hunter Gym|
|Sat., Nov. 7, 8 a.m.||Pilates||CV Gym|
Unplug from technology and spend time playing a game, doing a puzzle or reading.
Take a day, and rest and take a nap or two.
- Find inspiration by watching Coach Rick's video
- Meditate – Unplug for 10 minutes minimum. Lay still, rest your mind and monitor your breathing.
- 10 minutes of walking. Connect or reconnect with nature.
- Take a day, and DO NOTHING. Rest, relax or take a nap. By resing, you will regroup and recharge your life for another week.
- Unplug tech and spend time with someone in person or virtually.
YMCA VIRTUAL, NEW CLASSES EVERY WEEK
Each week we are adding new classes taught by your favorite instructors from the Y.