During this uncertain time, we can serve as a support system for others. Helping others can reduce stress and improve mood, self-esteem, happiness and make the community a better place! This week, along with your 20-minute fitness goals we encourage you to add one service opportunity to your tracker.
WELCOME TO WEEK 5 VIDEO
AT THE Y, INSIDE
AT THE Y, OUTSIDE
The Y is calling STRONG members and Y members who are able to donate paper products and non-perishable foods. Please drop them off in the boxes located on the front porch of the main entrance of the Sewickley Valley YMCA. The boxes will be undercover and emptied daily.
ACTS OF KINDNESS
20 WAYS TO SERVE
1. Buy lunch for someone (Uber Eats)
2. Rake leaves for a neighbor (do a good job)
3. Send a gift certificate to someone who lost their job (Amazon)
4. Volunteer for the Sewickley Valley YMCA
5. Buy school supplies for youth (bring it to you local school)
6. Pray for someone in need (and tell them)
7. Help someone find a job (use your network)
8. Pay for someone’s coffee (Starbucks)
9. Write an inspiring article and share it (LinkedIn)
10. Stop complaining, get involved (Social Justice)
11. Donate Blood (Blood Bank)
12. Help a loved one and do extra stuff chore around the house
13. Encourage five people on the Strong Challenge (Facebook group)
14. Fill a box with food and drop it off at the YMCA (do this with your family)
15. Call a senior, check-in, and ask if they need help.
16. Clean a park (bring your own garbage bags)
17. Register and run/walk the Virtual Sewickley Turkey Trot
18. Donate that extra toilet paper you’re or paper products for the Y to distribute
19. Make PPE masks for childcare workers, students, senior
20. Say nice things on your zoom meetings this week
BECOME A VOLUNTEER
The Sewickley Valley YMCA has multiple opportunities for community members to volunteer within our organization; it is vital for our successful YMCA. The Y aims to match volunteer experience to your interests.